Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Skype

Waiting for Jared
BEST Mother's Day gift EVER!!!  I got to talk to my missionary.  This time, however, instead of giving each person an allotted amount of time we all sat around and talked together.  It was super fun, even though we only got 40 minutes.  I loved seeing my boy's face and his smile.  Oh, how I have missed that smile and all his cute facial gestures.  I love and miss that kid soooo much.  His companion even snuck into the frame for a few seconds to say what an awesome missionary Jared was and that he "spoke Spanish like a freakin' baller".  LOL!  That's my boy!!!  We are 1/4 of the way through.  And Jared is LOVING his mission.  I'm so happy.  After exactly 40 minutes, Jared reminded us about EXACT OBEDIENCE and we said our quick good-byes and then he was gone.  

There was one sad part, however.  It was when Shaney was talking about her upcoming wedding and I could see that Jared was getting a little teary eyed realizing that he was going to miss his best friend's wedding.  Nobody else noticed, but a mother knows.   I saved my tears for after our good-byes and then I let it all out.  It is a really hard thing for Jared to be missing this.  It is hard for all of us.  But I know the Lord will make it up to him at least 10 fold.  

Sigh...until next Christmas.  


He is SOOO Adorable!
Where is Jared?

He just looks AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment