Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Another week full of miracles!

Subject: Another week full of miracles!
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:34:58 -0600

Good morning everyone!

Things are going fantastic here!  Spring is finally here, and the
weather has been warm and beautiful.  I hope you weren't worried when
I didn't email yesterday.  I forgot to tell you that our p-day this
week is today, because we are going to the temple this afternoon.
Oquirrh Mountain!  I am so excited!  I will send pictures.

So on Monday, we bought a 26" pizza from Big Daddy's, and ate the
whole thing as a district.  I also bought 2 sweaters at Kohls for $20!
I got them both from the clearance rack, and saved $110!  You raised
me well, Mom!


Sorry this isn't the best picture, but this is my district.
I can't 
believe that the transfer is almost over!
On Wednesday, I had a training meeting with President Chambers.  We

read 3 Nephi 11, and talked about how Christ prepared the people
before he started teaching them doctrine.  We also talked about how we
need to help our investigators have a see-feel-know experience, like
the Nephites did.  Then, that evening, we came out of a member's home,
to find that I had locked the keys in the car!  We had to walk to our
chapel for a meeting (which is actually outside our area), and then
all the way back to our house!  It is times like this when I am really
grateful to be living in Utah!  The next morning, we got a ride to the
mission office, and picked up the spare keys, so all is well now.




Sunday was amazing!  Remember the family that literally fell into our laps a few weeks ago when a friend brought them to church?  We took
them to Temple Square!  It was amazing!  The Spirit was so strong, and
they recommitted to be baptized this coming Sunday.  I am so excited!
I hope you got the picture.  They especially loved when we were
talking about how families are sealed together in the temple forever.
We also saw some other Spanish elders there from my old zone with an
investigator.  Small world!  It is so cool that we can take
investigators to Temple Square!  This is the best mission ever!



Yesterday was a normal day, which was kind of strange.  We taught this
family twice, because due to jobs, they are only all home together on
the weekends.  We have to teach them all of the lessons by Friday.  No
pressure!  But I have faith that we can do it.  They are so receptive
to everything we teach!  They ask a lot of questions, but never to
denounce the church or prove it wrong.  They just really want to
learn.



We also saw Mario yesterday!  We drove into our neighborhood, and
there was an old guy driving a little go cart.  He had the hat and
everything!



Our branch is awesome!  They have been so welcoming to our
investigators, and always willing to help fellowship them.  We have
both our youth missionary activity, and our missionary fireside coming
up, so we hope that we will motivate the members to help us even more,
especially in finding new investigators.  Yesterday, an older
missionary couple (we call them MLS couples) told us that they found a
family that we had been looking for.  We had their name, but not their
address.  We are so excited!  They also gave us several Hispanic homes
to visit in their neighborhood.  The work is really picking up here!



I have really enjoyed having an iPad!  I am still figuring out how to
use it to teach.  I love that we can show people videos now.  I love
Because of Him, and they are releasing a new Easter video this month,
called Because He Lives!  We watch Bible Videos and Mormon Messages
all the time.  It is awesome!



So I had a fantastic week!  I am so excited to go to the temple today!
my testimony has definitely been strengthened this week, as I have
seen the Perilla family embrace the restored gospel.  Every time I
teach a lesson, my testimony is strengthened, as I testify to others
that I know.  Have a fantastic week everyone, and enjoy the warm
weather!



Love,
Elder Jared Weller



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment