Monday, March 2, 2015

Exchanges and Miracles! What a week!

Subject: Exchanges and Miracles! What a week!
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 11:32:42 -0700

Buenos dias familia!
So things are starting to pick up here!  It was a really exciting week!
We went on two exchanges: one with some other elders in our district, and one with the zone leaders.  The first one, I went with Elder Koo, who is from Korea, and we worked in my area.  That was a lot of fun.  On Friday, I went with one of the zone leaders, Elder McKinney.  Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive about this exchange, because it was with a ZL, but I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.  We taught a guy who lived in Monroe for a while!  He was golden!  
On Saturday, we took a young man around with us.  A stake in Draper did something for the priests called Camp Alma, where they did several activities to learn about missionary work, and ended by spending a few hours with full time missionaries.  Dad, I thought this would be a great idea for our stake.  I definitely wished that I had an opportunity like this.  The young man that came with us was really cool and really excited to serve a mission.  It also snowed a little bit on Saturday, and also earlier in the week.  A little bit stuck overnight, but it melted away Sundaymorning.
And that brings me to our miracle.  Yesterday, we walked into church, and there was a new family.  They just moved here from Colombia, and are living in the basement of a less-active in our branch.  A relative of this less active brought this family to church.  They stayed for all three hours and LOVED it!  They love how the church is centered on families.  So we taught them last night, and both of the parents committed to be baptized March 22.  Both Elder Aguilar and I could see them in the baptismal font and in the temple in the future.  They were so ready and the Spirit was so strong!  
Also, on Monday, we were looking for the address of a recent convert who hasn't gone to church in a while.  We found the road, but we couldn't find the house.  The address was 8800-something South, and the road was East to West (which means all of the numbers were in the 4400's).  So on our way out of the neighborhood, I almost turned to go out the way we came in, but I felt like I should just continue going straight, and sure enough, the road turned, and Elder Aguilar noticed that the numbers were now in the 8800's!  We found the house!  We feel that the Spirit guided us there for a reason.  The rest of the guy's family are nonmembers, so maybe we will be able to baptize them!  Miracles happen!  We are now really excited about this area.  We are planning a missionary activity for the youth and a fireside to help members do missionary work.  They will be awesome!
On Monday, I bought another BYU Men's Chorus CD at Deseret.  Sadly, it also includes some folk songs that are technically not missionary appropriate, so we have to skip over those ones.  But the rest of it is awesome!
On Thursday, we went to Costa Vida, a Mexican restaurant in Jordan Landing, where missionaries get free meals.  I had a really good quesadilla!
This week, we are getting Ipads!!  Elder Aguilar and I are also moving to live with our Branch President.  (Did I tell you about that?).  Also, our car is nearing 50,000 miles, which is when they take the cars out of rotation.  So we are getting a new car soon!  
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a great week.  Shaney, thanks for getting me that book!  I'm excited to read it when I get home!  Also, Mom, thanks for the pics!  I love seeing what everyone is up to.  After yesterday, I definitely know that this church is true, and that miracles do happen!  I am so excited for the next few weeks!
Love,
Elder Jared Weller 

No comments:

Post a Comment