Monday, June 15, 2015

The best of times and the worst of times...

Subject: The best of times and the worst of times...
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:36:21 -0600

Good afternoon everyone!







This has been a pretty interesting week.  First of all, I must admit
something that I didn't have the heart to tell you about last week.  I
developed some form of athletes foot last week, and it got really
infected.  Elder Aviles and I tried washing it and wrapping it
multiple times, but it kept getting worse.  Finally, I called my
nurse, only to find that both she and the mission doctor were out of
town.  So I got in touch with one of the other nurses, and she sent me
to the clinic this past Wednesday, where they prescribed me some anti
fungal cream and antibiotic pills.  All I can say is "thank goodness
for missionary insurance!".  I am happy to report that the infection
is now gone, and the skin on my foot is healing and regenerating
quickly.

Other than the situation with my foot, it was a great week.  We have
been working with someone who removed her name from the church a few
years ago due to some doubts.  She has gone through a lot in the past
few years.  On Tuesday, she called us, and asked us to come over so
she could share some private information with us.  She shared some
experiences, and told us how she didn't feel that she could repent,
because of the bad choices that she had made.  We testified of God's
love for her, and of our love for her, and told her that no sin is
beyond the reach of the Atonement.  She was really comforted.  She
really wants to turn her life around.  She has been noticing a lot of
blessings in her life lately, and she will be talking to the bishop
this week!  It is really cool to see the gospel work in someone's life
who is just desperate.

On Saturday, the elders in our district had two baptisms!  I had the
opportunity to teach each of these investigators, so it was really
cool to see them be baptized!  One was especially special, and the
Spirit was so strong!  It is a woman whose son is a member, and after
a long time, she has finally joined the church as well.  Funny story:
it turns out that her son married the daughter of one of the bishops
in OUR stake, so it was a surprise to run into our bishop at the
baptism!

Yesterday we had an awesome experience!  We conferred the Aaronic
Priesthood upon Branden, our recent convert!  Now he can go to the
temple and do baptisms for the dead!  Also, we taught some youth in
one of our wards how to be missionaries.  It was a really cool little
fireside!

Transfer calls are tomorrow!  I am really excited/anxious to find out
where I am going!

So I think that's it from me!  Shaney, I am so glad that you were able
to go through the temple!  I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Challenge:  count your many blessings one by one this week!

Love,
Elder Jared Weller

P's:  So to answer your questions Mom, I'm okay with wherever the Lord sends
me.  And the autistic kid we're teaching is high functioning, but the
problem is he claims that he doesn't like church, so his mom wants us
to try to help him find an interest for it.  And don't worry, I knew I
was eating tongue!  At least I haven't eaten menudo yet (essentially
cow intestines)!  I think that covered all of them.  Have a fantastic
week!

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment