Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Good week, bad week, busy week, sad week

Subject: Good week, bad week, busy week, sad week
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:33:17 -0600

 
Dear family,

This has been a crazy week!  It was our last week in the SLC South mission.  On Friday, we had our last meeting with President and Sister Chambers.  It was wonderful, but sad at the same time.  We now have a brand new mission president in the West mission, President Palmer.  I am excited, but at the same time nervous about this change.  But I know that this is where God wants me to be.

I loved the pictures of Trevor.  You know why?  Because I listened to his MTC companion and best friend give his homecoming talk yesterday!  No joke!  Elder Ferguson was talking about this redneck missionary that he absolutely hated at first, but came to love as they followed each other throughout their mission.  He then mentioned that it was Elder Mott from a little town called Snohomish, WA.  I'll try to take a picture with him sometime so you can show Trevor!
 
Yesterday, in one of our sacrament meetings, we were told about some foreign exchange students from Brazil.  We went over and talked to them, and then went to the Gospel Principles class with them.  Last night, we took our friend Daniel (the one you met while we were skyping) to teach them, since he served his mission in Portugal.  It was so cool!  Spanish and Portuguese are so similar that we could understand each other most of the time.  They both accepted to be baptized on July 18th!  
 
Now for a bit of bad news:  also yesterday, one of our investigators, who was on date to be baptized on July 11th, may or may not be baptized on that day.  However, she is still determined to be baptized!  She will be cooking us dinner tonight!
 
On Friday, Elder Aviles had to go to a breakfast for the missionaries who are going home next month, so I went with Elder Blanda, one of our senior missionaries, for a couple hours.  He took me to IHOP, where I had cream cheese-stuffed French toast with peaches.  I know your opinion about IHOP Mom and Dad, but that was pretty good!  Afterward, Elder Aviles and I were invited to help out at one of our ward's youth conference.  Each youth was called on a mission, and we were their MTC teachers.  We showed them how to teach the first lesson.  It was an awesome experience!
 
On Thursday, we went on splits with the leadership in one of the wards.  My split and I went to see a crazy old guy whom I talked to before.  I won't get into details, but he told us some pretty crazy things.  I couldn't even get a word in edgewise!  
 
This week I also saw the Batmobile!  No kidding, it looked just like the Batmobile!  It was a Polaris Slingshot, which is basically a 3 wheeled roadster.  
 
It has been so hot here!  I like it, but I don't...  But hey, it's better than the cold!
 
I'm glad everyone had a good week!  I'm glad Trek went well, and that the wedding plans are progressing.  I appreciate all your prayers!  Have a wonderful week!  Have a safe 4th!
 
Love,
Elder Jared Weller 
 
P.s. Don't send mail to the South mission anymore.  I will let you know next week where to send it!

No comments:

Post a Comment