Sunday, February 1, 2015

Life is Great!

Subject: Life is great!
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:20:42 -0700

Buenas tardes familia!  (Good afternoon),
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well!  Mom, the entire time I was reading your email, I was grinning, and even almost laughed a couple times.  I am excited to see what the house looks like in 21 months.  It will probably be COMPLETELY different!  
I started driving this week, because my companion's license expired.  It has been a lot of fun!  I was a little nervous because I was never very good at parking the van, but our little Toyota Corolla is a cinch to park!
On Wednesday, I went on an exchange with Elder Reyes, who is from Mexico.  He has only been out about a month longer than me, but his English is really good.  We had a really good time!  
On Thursday, after I got Elder Erazo back, we committed one of our investigators to baptism!  Her entire countenance has changed since then.  She is so much happier already.  It is amazing to see the difference that the gospel and the Spirit can make in people's lives.  
We also found someone this week who is really interested in reading the Book of Mormon and learning more about the church.  It's funny, because we actually went to the house to teach his cousin (there are 4 or 5 cousins living in that house), but we ended up teaching him instead.  We think we will baptize everyone in that house!!
On Saturday, we ate breakfast with our stake president, which was great.  Sunday was ward conference, and it went really well!  Some of the less actives we have been focusing on went, and they loved it!  Last night, we ate dinner outside.  The weather has been beautiful this week!  People are really starting to worry about water, since we have only had a little bit of snow.  That is definitely something you don't hear in Washington!
I had some really spicy, authentic Hispanic food this week!  I also tried flan for the first time, which is a cake that is the consistency of cheesecake.  It was really good!  We also ate with a Peruvian family in our ward, who live right by the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, so that was cool.  
On Monday, we went to the mall to buy an outfit for our district leader, who is going home at the end of the transfer.  We all felt really weird inside the mall, because it is so worldly.  But once we got into the JCPenney there, we felt better.  Afterward, we went to Coldstone Creamery and got ice cream.
This morning, we cleaned our car and took it through the car wash.  It was so dirty from all of the salt that they put on the roads when it snowed! 
I believe that is all of the highlights of my week.  The week went by so quickly!  I am finally beginning to see the fruits of my labor, and I am slowly becoming more comfortable with speaking Spanish.  I have a testimony of the Savior, and I know that this is His church that has been restored to the earth in these the latter days.  I have seen the gospel change people's lives, and I have seen it change my own.  I find comfort in knowing that I am a son of God and that I have a purpose for being here.  I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Jared Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment