Sunday, February 1, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from West Jordan!

Subject: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from West Jordan!
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:21:23 -0700

Dear Family,
     Long time no see... not really!  I loved being able to talk to everyone and see your beautiful faces on Christmas.  The rest of my day went really well!  After I finished talking to you, the Thompson family had finished setting up their new ping pong table, so we played with them for a while.  Then, we visited a lot of members and ate a lot of food.  Oh how wonderful it is to be a missionary!  I am still learning how to stretch my stomach, because EVERYONE wants to feed the missionaries! 
     On Friday, after our weekly planning session, Elder Erazo and I went to Subway, and then to report the week to our district leaders.  While one of them was meeting privately with my companion, I played pool with the other, Elder Reyes, who is from Mexico, and has only been out about 6 or 7 weeks.  He is pretty cool.  That evening, we ate dinner with the Dominguez family, who are from Argentina.  We had some sort of pasta balls, because apparently, there are a lot of people in Argentina who are of Italian descent.  Later, while we were tracting, we met a guy who was almost baptized a few years ago, but decided against it because there is no "archaeological evidence" of the Book of Mormon.  He is really interested in studying theology and religion, so we talked with him for at least an hour about the Bible and the gospel, and we answered several of his questions.  That was pretty interesting.  He invited us to come back, so we will see if we can invite the Spirit and spark his interest.  At the moment he doesn't really seem as interested in the church as he is to just discuss religion. 
     Saturday, we committed an investigator to baptism!  She hasn't been to church yet, but she knows that it is true and she feels the Spirit every time we visit her.  Hopefully she will be able to come next week.
     Sunday was great, as usual.  I had the opportunity to give a blessing to a less active member who is desirous to come back.  I gave it completely in Spanish!  And I could feel the Sprit flowing through me so strongly! 
     This morning, we taught a lesson (even though it is p-day).  That went really well.  I also got a free meal at Subway, because a member paid for me.  He was so discreet about it though, because I didn't know until I got to the cash register and the employee told me!  So that was cool.  There is still a lot of snow on the ground.  It snowed a little bit this morning, and it has been off and on since Thursday. 
     Well, that is about it for this week!  I hope everyone has gotten over the stomach flu!  Mom, since you asked, I didn't take the day off when I had it (because it didn't start until about noon).  But all is well now.  And they did not teach etiquette at the MTC.  Maybe you should apply to teach it there ;)  Ryan, I don't think your name would be any different in español.  Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!  I invite you to each make a new year's resolution to work on one thing to be more Christlike.  I know that the church is true, and that through Christ, we can find happiness and one day return to live with our Heavenly Father.
Love,
Elder Weller 

No comments:

Post a Comment